Well just to let everyone know whats going on with us. It has been a crazy bunch of months
As some of you know Motley has had a bout with cancer and had an amputation. I have been working on learning new things in the dog training world we are always striving for improvement here at Motley Dog. Just thought I would post that we are going with a more by appointment only kind of a part time thing. Due to my lil boys needs and other catastrophes this will allow me to give you the attention you deserve while fulfilling my other duties. It is my hope that we can ramp things up again soon but, family first right. If there are any dog training concerns that you feel need immediate attention let me know in your email. These cases will be dealt with quickly and have 1er priority. Thank you all for your support.
As for our year + long adventurer into the world of online dog training as and instructor and team lead under an elite dog trainer. Well, here is our summation.
1. If you have experience or a dog that is easy to train … have a good time
2. One size does not fit all. Several participants who put their all into this were still having the same problems a year on more into the training and many hired other trainers. (what does this say?)
3. I appreciate the confession that I had to pull out of them but, if anyone tells you they steal stuff from others but, is a “great trainer” and if you don’t do it their way you are not doing it right…. it is time to go. (re-read #2)
4. If you are just a dog person and want some entertainment that you pay for.. enjoy.
5. If you have a dog that needs help. Find a private dog trainer who is qualified in your area. Our experience indicates that you will be doing that shortly anyway… might as well save yourself some time and grief.
6. As always… you get what you pay for.
So, sadly we still do not recommend online dog training. It is in our estimation better then just a book and a lot more fun but, if you need help it might serve as a reference tool but, you will need someone there that can see and interact with the team to make you the best. We did learn how a famous dog trainer trains which was cool. Also, great videos but, no new techniques or principles. I was surprised. We were asked to stay for free to help train and that was in my mind an endorsement that we are highly qualified dog trainers, maybe even elite ourselves?, think about it.. if you are a world famous dog trainer would you ask someone to stay on just to clutter your site with amateur, poor or just competent work?. Well, I guess if you were a little crazy. But, it was obvious that we were good especially since we made it clear that we did not agree with all of the training or that the training was incomplete. And the author agreed, said they did not include that information because it would complicate and confuse people and their dogs. The new information would seem to show up in new videos or posts.. very strange. So, a genuine compliment in my book. Remember behavior says far more about what you think then words.
So, good for Motley ! had a good time and will be looking for our next learning experience. When you think you have it right and stop learning you are done & likely wrong 🙂
We are still in the fight and will keep you updated.
Thank you to all who have offered good wishes and support.
If anyone wants to thank us for our help, complain or give Motley some praise,
We do enjoy hearing from you.
While we have a little down time I have been updating all our stuff for 2018
Hope you enjoy and it makes you think.
there are thousands of DIY training tools but, we want you to think